Friday, August 27, 2010

"Two Babies"

Our friends Todd and Susan were doubly blessed on Tuesday with the arrival of "two babies!" When we talk about Susan, CB always says, "Susu and two babies" so that is what we are calling them for now. Their actual names are Elise Rose (pink hat) and Lily Todd. Both were right around six pounds and 19 inches long! Elise was born first and had to spend time in the NICU. I think it was mainly because she ingested a bunch of gunk in her lungs and they just needed some time to clear out. Lily came second and she was raring to go! We got to meet Lily that evening, but CB and I have yet to meet Elise. Randy got to hold them both on Wednesday though! Hopefully we will make it over there soon so that we can give Elise kisses too. As for Todd, Susan and Henley...well I think they are overjoyed and overwhelmed with the thought of what two babies will bring! Henley is thrilled to be a big sister and is a natural "mommy" when it comes to her baby dolls so I have no doubt that she will do great with her new sisters. All babies are miracles, but twins? That is a mind blower...especially when you think about how they were born (naturally) and now how they look at each other (see photo below). It's just amazing and such a sign that God is REAL and He handcrafts everything perfectly.
After returning from the NICU Elise says, "Hey sis! I am back!"

Todd, Henley, Lily and Susan

The Don and a happy sister Henley

CB, Todd, Rosie "Bubee" and Henley

Happy Henley
Happy CB

First glimpse of the girls together. Sleeping so peacefully!

No comments: