Friday, August 1, 2008

Swollen

My mom and I went to Canton today...not a good idea! The minute I stepped out of the car my stomach tightened up and didn't relax until we left about 3 hours later! I had to sit most of the time while she shopped. It was somewhat pointless, but I did get one of those enormous lemonade drinks that are soooo delicious! My whole body felt like a swollen pig and it really wasn't even that hot. I stayed in the shade and tried to prop my feet up most of the time.

I saw this saying painted on a frame back in April and I wanted to find it again. Of course I couldn't find the exact thing I was looking for, but I did find the saying and it makes me cry every time I read it. It said:

Before you were conceived, I wanted you.
Before you were born, I loved you.
Before you were here an hour, I would give my life for you.
This is the miracle of love.

When I saw it again today I cried and cried and cried...luckily I had my sunglasses on so noone could see me boo hooing to myself. I suppose my hormones are out of control but I also think that it sums up my feelings for this baby.

7 comments:

Phlieger5 said...

Damn you Allis-anne.....I'm sitting in bed bawling my eyes out reading that poem....it's not just your hormones, I'm right there with you! I dare any Mother to read that poem and not cry!
God Bless you and take care of yourself!

Shannon said...

That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

Neubauer Family said...

I saw a mosaic cross at Canton when I was pregnant and it said, "For this child we prayed." Debbie Sue and I cried and cried! I have a hard time not crying everyday when I look at her now. Get ready to shed even MORE tears when your miracle arrives! XOXO

Christy said...

It only gets worse! Wait until she is in your arms!

Paige Horras Photography said...

I would have cried too. That is a sweet saying! Clara Beth is going to be so lucky to have such a wonderful and loving mommy!

TJPPPSmith said...

The poem is too sweet...Thanks for sharing.

Hey...with your feet swelling...that is a great reason to stay off of them. Live up the pregnant card this time around...with any additional pregnancies, you will not get the chance since you will still be running after Clara Beth

the jordan's said...

You make me laugh so hard....and then my eyes well up with the poem!

Luv and Hugs,
Court~