As I mentioned before, I failed my glucose test last week and had to go back today for the follow-up. It was three hours of misery. I started fasting last night at 8:30 and had my blood drawn this morning at 8:30 for the first time. Then I had to chug this nasty red drink that is pure sugar in five minutes! At 9:41 the lab technician took my blood again and we continued this routine two more times (although I didn't have to chug the drink again)! The sugar from the red juice sits in your stomach and makes you feel terrible. I did some walking around and was actually productive. I pre-registered with Labor & Delivery, made an appointment with a pediatrician and wrote thank you notes while I waited.
This is probably the most boring blog entry to date. Oh well. I am glad that stupid test is over. Randy met me and we had lunch! Thank goodness...I was obviously starving and Clara Beth didn't seem too happy either. I should know the results by the end of the week. Sigh...
1 comment:
Lord, I pray that Allison does not have gestational diabetes. I pray that the test comes back with great results.
At least you had a few hours off of work and were able to get some things finished up.
Post a Comment