Friday, August 22, 2008

FAILED!!!

Last Friday I went for my glucose test. You have to drink this orange stuff that tastes like Sunkist but leaves a terrible after-taste. This photo was taken before the test results came back because I am smiling. I found out on Tuesday that I failed the test by FOUR points and I have to do another test that will take three hours and require me to fast. I know that I do not have gestational diabetes, but this is just a precaution. I have to fast Monday night beginning at 8:30pm and I will not be able to eat again until about Noon on Tuesday. The lab lady will take my blood every hour on the hour until 11:30...so four times. Clara Beth and I are not going to enjoy this one bit! I suppose I will catch up on my reading because it's going to be a long morning! GEEZ!

1 comment:

Paige Horras Photography said...

If it makes you feel any better, I failed the first time with Emery and just like you by just a small number and passed with flying colors the second time. It is a lot sweeter the second time but you will be fine!!!