Thursday, July 17, 2008

Learning the Ropes

We dropped Bo off this morning. The procedure should be around 11am so I am going to be anxiously awaiting the call from the Vet. Bo did fairly well except when Randy put him on the table he started shaking. This made me so sad and I thought I was going to cry but I stayed strong. A mom has to be strong for her baby, right?! I guess it's never easy but you just do it. On the way to work I thought about how as a parent you have to put your child (or dog) in the hands of others and trust them to take good care. It's more natural for us to want to be in control and it's hard to let go of that. I am sure Bo will be fine and this will just be another experience that I look back on and wonder why I got so worried...but until it's over you just sit and wait, and hope, and pray that everything will be ok. I have learned through having Bo that I am going to have to get a lot tougher when Clara Beth comes. I am thankful that he is teaching me that and maybe it will make things a little easier!

2 comments:

Neubauer Family said...

I am so glad that you have Bo. Puppies can really teach us quite a bit when it comes to parenting!

Shannon said...

You are going to be such a great mommy!