We are having a mini birthday party for her on Thursday at Ms. Helen's house. She and her friends will get to eat cupcakes and open little goodie bags! And then on Saturday we are having her full-blown Minnie Mouse party at our house. I am not sure who is more excited, me or her!
I wrote this poem for her and I put it on her baby announcement. I thought I would post it today just so I can read it again. I worked on it for about three months...I am obviously not a poet, but I am proud of it because it was written from my heart to hers....
Our family was complete
But still we longed for you
A precious child to love and raise
Sent from above so true
We prayed for you so many nights
Expecting you to come
But God kept saying to us both, "Wait my precious daughter and my son"
Finally the day has come
And now we look at you
You are a well-known child of God
Knitted perfectly in the womb
Sweet Clara Beth, so clear and bright
Your light shines to those around
May Jesus guide and lead your path
To keep you safe and sound



2 comments:
Ahhhh!!! She's TWO?!?!?!!!? Happy Birthday cutest CB!!!!
That is just beautiful and you should be so proud. What a blessing for all of you to have each other!
Post a Comment