In addition, she is completely aware of the birthday process now. She talks about her birthday coming up pretty much non-stop. We practice singing the "Happy Birthday" song in the car and she pretends to blow out the candles. We will see how well she does when it's time for the real thing!
Her favorite songs right now are Baa Baa Black Sheep, the Wheels On the Bus (specifically the part about the horn going beep beep beep), Jesus Loves the Little Children (where after we list the colors red, yellow, black and white she interjects PINK), and our own made up songs about her friends (Henley, two babies, Toddy, Susu, Baby Rylee, Sonie and Scott).
For several years now Randy and I have had this ongoing joke about a man named Buford Waldrip. Mr. Waldrip is an attorney in Rockwall and his office is a little house that we pass on our way to church. Anyway, we love the name Buford Waldrip. Isn't that a great name? Say it out loud. It's just great. Nearly every Sunday for several years now, when we pass Buford Waldrip's office we either say his name out loud OR we try to work his name into the conversation we are having. And we try to be discreet about it so the other person won't know that it's coming...(ok side note here...yall know that Randy and I are completely ridiculous). So on Sunday, Randy and I are having a conversation, we turn past Buford Waldrip's office and low and behold from the back seat comes a soft, "Buuu Walldrip". I looked at Randy, he looked at me...I said, "Did she just say what I think she said?" And we both went into complete hysterics! Randy told her that she is officially part of our family now. Ha! Ha! I was in shock. Of all things! She knew when we turned by his office to say his name. If only sweet Buford knew of such silliness! We will never tell him!
As we drove on by Buford's office we were met with a long line of cars. It was traffic from a triathlon. We sat and sat and sat, so that made us late to church. Instead of being late to church, we just headed out to the Fair. The Fair was too crowded and too hot, but we managed to see some animals, scarf down a corney dog and ride the merry-go-round. The Roby crew met us out there!
It was a good idea in theory. The merry-go-round is harmless. She clung onto my shirt for dear life. I was wishing we had just sat on the bench instead of sitting on a horse. Oh well.
A little sample of State Fair junk food.
Susu, Henley, Me and CB
We saw lots of animals! Her favorites were the little baby chicks and the pigs. Here we are in front of a cow!
On Saturday, CB had her two year photos taken by my childhood friend Paige Emery. Paige lives in Little Rock, but came in town to do some photos for her local friends. We met her at a very scenic area in Highland Park for the photos. I am anxious to see how they turned out. CB did really well! I was holding my breath though since we are in that fun, fun phase where you never know when we are going to have a full on hysteric meltdown. Luckily, Grandmommy and Granddaddy were there to help buffer some of the fussiness! Here are Granddaddy and CB checking out the little stream and looking at rocks.
Just having a blast at the playground!
Not sure what this face means, but I thought it was funny!We had a playdate with some precious friends a few weekends ago. Here are four of the six kids who were present. Cale posing on the ledge, Carson playing on the floor, Riley touching the wall and CB not sure what to think about all of the boys. The twins, Luke and Allie are not pictured! We had a great time playing and catching up! What a blessing that just about three years ago, Kristin, Christy and I were all labeled as "infertile" and now look at what we have here. LOL!!


1 comment:
She is just beautiful! I love seeing her grow!
Post a Comment