My little bow head turned 11 months on Monday! And you would think that by 11 months she could sleep in her crib all night, right?! NOPE. Not so much. We (I) have probably done a bad, bad thing by letting her sleep between us. She goes down in her crib at the beginning of the night and then ultimately ends up with us. The night before last, she decided to keep us up ALL night because she wanted to play with BoBo. Last night we tried the "cry it out" method and she threw up her entire bottle. SIGH. I just couldn't put her down in those early days. I was too nervous about her being in her crib alone and now we are paying for it. I am completely sleep deprived and I know I am not functioning to my best ability. All I do is think about my next opportunity to sleep and then I get this sick feeling because I know it's not going to be sound sleep. But this won't last forever and I am beyond thankful that I have this problem.
On to more positive things! Her birthday party plans are underway! None of you, well maybe some of you reading this are invited! Ha! Ha! Only family (Debbie Downer sound). I would love to have all of my friends over for the big event, but it's just not going to happen. I will try to share it through photos to the best of my ability. We are doing a "cupcake" theme with lots of pink, yellow and green. I know, I know...completely UNoriginal but I have seen so many cute things with cupcakes (and who doesn't love cupcakes?) so I just thought that would be fun and festive. We still have a few more weeks until the birthday bash though. It's not until Oct. 17. I am sending out invitations but have not found the time to get them addressed...perhaps because I need sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
On to more positive things! Her birthday party plans are underway! None of you, well maybe some of you reading this are invited! Ha! Ha! Only family (Debbie Downer sound). I would love to have all of my friends over for the big event, but it's just not going to happen. I will try to share it through photos to the best of my ability. We are doing a "cupcake" theme with lots of pink, yellow and green. I know, I know...completely UNoriginal but I have seen so many cute things with cupcakes (and who doesn't love cupcakes?) so I just thought that would be fun and festive. We still have a few more weeks until the birthday bash though. It's not until Oct. 17. I am sending out invitations but have not found the time to get them addressed...perhaps because I need sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Little Ham with bows!



2 comments:
Dear Alice,
Haven't I sent you any articles on co-sleeping and bedsharing? You are not alone! Bedsharing is the norm in most parts of the world. In the US and other industrialized countries, the cultural norm has become to put babies in a crib in another room, but as you have noticed, it feels awfully wrong to put your precious helpless baby in a crib down the hall. The most natural place for a baby is in bed with you! Jayvyn slept with us every night until he was 2 years old, at that point, he started to go to bed in his bed in his room, but he does not sleep all night in his room. Still to this day, at 3 and 3/4 years old he joins his mommy and daddy in their bed sometime in the night. He usually doesn't even wake us, but we have the joy of waking up to his beautiful bright smile each and every day! And his kisses (he added!) I'm glad that you are sleeping with your little girl - isn't it the sweetest to snuggle in bed together?!!!
Love,
Amy
Soooo cute, and I can truly relate to the sleep issue. Nora was awake and ready to play from 12:30-4:45am today, the worst part is now she's napping and I can't sleep. Hang in there!
Post a Comment