Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Countdown

This could be our last weekend with life as we have known it for six and a half years. I think I am still in denial. It's just so hard to believe that in a few days we could have a baby! I went for my sonogram this morning and Judy said that CB is about 8lbs. 3 ounces and 20 inches long. Her head is really far down and she looked ready to me. I got a quick glimpse of her face, but not a good look. So, it's still a mystery! My doctor is going to Disney World tomorrow and won't be back until Monday night. Yesterday she told me that if she doesn't come on her own this weekend that we can induce on Tuesday when she returns. I hope she won't have visions of Mickey and Minnie running through her brain while I am in labor. I know that God has already picked her perfect birthday so I am fine with whenever...but I really want my doctor there. I guess it's different for them because they do this all the time and they are good about not getting attached to patients, but I am fully attached to her and want to see her face while in the most compromising position of my life! I appreciate all of you who have kept up with us while on this journey. It will be wonderful to share this dream come true in just a few more days! Stay tuned...

5 comments:

the jordan's said...

Oh my godness...I can't wait to see Precious CB!!!! We love you guys so much and are so happy for you and R!!!

Lots of Love,
Court~

Ross and Carrie said...

I am just too excited that you are going to have this baby so soon. I will pray that the doc comes home before CB comes!! :-) I'm just so happy for you and Randy, that you're going to meet your beautiful little one in just a few.

Love,
Care

Christy said...

So pretty much next Wednesday you and Randy will be holding CB!!!

Tiffany said...

I am so happy for you guys! Good Luck with the delivery! I pray that you will have a short and easy delivery! I can't wait to see pics of that sweet angel!

Amy said...

My dearest Allison, I hope that you will let Clara Beth arrive on her own . . the baby produces a hormone in her brain that triggers the labor process when she is ready to enter the world. But, either way, I continue to pray for a safe, smooth, uncomplicated delivery for you and Miss Clara Beth! All my love and blessings to you and your new family!! Amy